This is to inform everyone that as of 01/09/2014 the project with the European Commission officially started , within the FP7 program entitled FRACTALS. The Development Fund of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina plays the role of the project co-ordinator.
FRACTALS is one of the 16 projects chosen for financing within third phase of the project “Future Internet – Public-Private Partnership”, in the competition of as many as 90 projects from the entire Europe.
What is FRACTALS?
- FRACTALS is focused on agriculture, where the application of internet based digital services and internet apps is still not on an adequate level in the entire Europe;
- dedicated to creating products and apps in accordance with and for the benefit of the end-user;
- focused on the Balkans, the region which up to now has not been present in the “Future Internet” program, even though FRACTALS Open Call will be accessible to SMEs and web-entrepreneurs from the entire Europe;
9 partner institutions from 6 countries:
- The Development Fund of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, Serbia;
- Company ATOS, Spain;
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece;
- Science and Research Centre DLO, the Netherlands;
- University of Novi Sad, BioSense Centre, Serbia;
- Association of Information Technology Companies of Northern Greece, Greece;
- Vojvođanski IKT Klaster, Serbia;
- Association of Software Companies, Turkey;
- Bulgarian Association of Software Companies, Bulgaria;
- The project officially started on 01.09.2014. with the main aim to distribute funds (grants)
to between 50 and 60 SMEs and web-entrepreneurs from the entire Europe from IT sector,
with the purpose of developing agricultural sector apps, based on the so-called “Future Internet” principles and technologies;
- The total fund of the FRACTALS project meant for financial support (grants) amounts to 5.52 million EUROS;
- FRACTALS Open Call for Proposals opens on 30/11/2014 and lasts for 3 months, until 28/02/2015